We appreciate your interest in us and hope to make your online experience enjoyable and secure. Your privacy is very important to us and we will make every reasonable effort to safeguard any information we collect.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
Personal information is data that can be used to identify or contact a single person.
Here are some examples of the types of personal information AidQuest may collect and how we may use it:
Types of Personal Information AidQuest Collects
- When you connect to our services, contact us including by social media or participate in an online survey, we may collect a variety of information, including your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, contact preferences, device identifiers, IP address, location information, credit card information and profile information where the contact is via social media.
- When you inquire about our services or that of an affiliated company, AidQuest may collect the information you provide about those people such as name, mailing address, email address, and phone number. AidQuest will use such information to fulfill your requests, provide the relevant product or service, or for anti-fraud purposes.
- In certain jurisdictions, we may ask for a government issued ID in limited circumstances, including age verification, or as required by law.
Use of Your Personal Information
- The personal information we collect allows us to keep you posted on AidQuest’s latest service announcements, software updates, and upcoming events. If you don’t want to be on our mailing list, you can opt-out anytime by emailing support@AidQuest.com.
- We also use personal information to help us create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve our products, services, content and advertising, and for loss prevention and anti-fraud purposes.
- We may also use your personal information for account and network security purposes, including in order to protect our services for the benefit of all our users, and pre-screening or scanning uploaded content for potentially illegal content, including child sexual exploitation material. Where we use your information for anti-fraud purposes it arises from the conduct of an online transaction with us. We limit our uses of data for anti-fraud purposes to those which are strictly necessary and within our assessed legitimate interests to protect our customers and our services. For certain online transactions we may also validate the information provided by you with publicly accessible sources.
- We may use your personal information, including date of birth, to verify identity, assist with identification of users, and to determine appropriate services.
- From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with AidQuest, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
- We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve AidQuest’s services and customer communications.
- If you apply for a position at AidQuest or we receive your information in connection with a potential role at AidQuest, we may use your information to evaluate your candidacy and to contact you. If you are a candidate, you will receive more information about how AidQuest handles candidate personal information at the time of application.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal and Non-Trade Secret Information
- We also collect data in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
- We may collect information such as occupation, language, zip code, area code, unique device identifier, referrer URL, location, and the time zone where an AidQuest product is used so that we can better understand customer behavior and improve our services and communications.
- We may collect information regarding customer activities on our website.
- We may collect and store details of how you use our services, including search queries. This information may be used to improve the relevancy of results provided by our services. Except in limited instances to ensure quality of our services over the Internet, such information will not be associated with your IP address.
- With your explicit consent, we may collect data about how you use your device and applications in order to help app developers improve their apps.
- If we do combine non-personal information with personal information the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
Cookies and Other Technologies
- Knowing someone using your computer or device has shopped for a certain product or used a particular service helps us make our advertising and email communications more relevant to your interests. And knowing your contact information, hardware identifiers, and information about your computer or device helps us personalize your operating system, and provide you with better customer service.
- If you want to disable cookies and you’re using the Safari web browser, go to Safari preferences and then to the privacy pane to manage your preferences. For example, on an Apple mobile device, go to Settings, then Safari, scroll down to the Privacy & Security section, and tap on “Block Cookies” to manage your preferences. For other browsers, check with your provider to find out how to disable cookies. Please note that certain features of the AidQuest website will not be available once cookies are disabled.
- As is true of most internet services, we gather some information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit websites and applications, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information to understand and analyze trends, to administer the site, to learn about user behavior on the site, to improve our product and services, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. AidQuest may use this information in our marketing and advertising services.
- In some of our email messages, we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on the AidQuest When customers click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on our website. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links in the email messages. Pixel tags enable us to send email messages in a format customers can read, and they tell us whether mail has been opened. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to customers.
Disclosures to Third Parties
- As part of its business and applications, AidQuest connects consumers with options for home care entities. The information provided by the consumer is provided to these third parties. AidQuest may provide third parties with certain personal information to provide or improve our products and services, including to deliver services requested. When we do, we require those third parties to handle it in accordance with relevant laws. AidQuest does not sell personal information, and personal information will never be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.
- When you utilize the AidQuest app, you authorize AidQuest and your carrier to exchange the information you provide during the activation process to carry out service, including information about your device. If you engage with AidQuest’s services, your information will be governed by AidQuest and your carrier’s respective privacy policies.
- AidQuest shares personal information with companies who provide services such as information processing, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in our products and services, and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are obligated to protect your information and may be located wherever AidQuest operates.
- It may be necessary − by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence − for AidQuest to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate. We may also disclose information about you, but only where there is a lawful basis for doing so, if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. This could include providing information to public or governmental authorities. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
- AidQuest takes the security of your personal information very seriously. AidQuest’s online services and app protects your personal information during transit using encryption such as Transport Layer Security (TLS). When your personal data is stored by AidQuest, we use computer systems with limited access housed in facilities using physical security measures. Data is stored in encrypted form including when third-party applications, such as the cloud, are utilized.
- AidQuest’s chat function is not public-facing. You are still responsible for the personal information that you choose to share or submit.
- AidQuest does not make any decisions involving the use of algorithms or profiling that significantly affect you.
Integrity and Retention of Personal Information
Privacy Rights and Certain States’ Laws
- For other personal information we hold, we will provide you with access (including a copy) for any purpose including to request that we correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete the data if AidQuest is not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes.
- We may decline to process requests that are frivolous/vexatious, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law. We may also decline aspects of deletion or access requests if we believe doing so would undermine our legitimate use of data for anti-fraud and security purposes as described earlier.
- The California Consumer Privacy Act provides California consumers with the right to obtain from AidQuest information about the personal information about you that we collect, use, and disclose. See our separate Policy.
- You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information. AidQuest does not sell your personal information.
- As stated throughout, AidQuest understands the importance of taking extra precautions to protect the privacy and safety of children. AidQuest does not engage in conversations with children under the age of 18, who are not legally considered adults.
Third Party Sites and Services
- AidQuest’s website(s), products, applications, and services may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. Our products and services may also use or offer services from third parties − for example, a third‑party iPhone app.
- Information collected by third parties, which may include such things as location data or contact details, is governed by their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
- AidQuest may utilize subcontractors, which are located outside of the United States. AidQuest has taken measures to ensure that these entities have adequate privacy and security safeguards in place to adhere to relevant laws, such as CCPA and HIPAA.
Our Companywide Commitment to Your Privacy
- To make sure your personal information is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to AidQuest workforce members and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company.
- When a privacy question or question about personal information received in response to an access/download request is received we have a dedicated team which triages your contact to address your issue. Where your issue may be more substantive in nature, we may request more information from you. All such substantive contacts receive a response within seven (7), days wherever possible – providing a response on the issue raised, requesting additional information where necessary or indicating that a response will require additional time. You may at any time refer your complaint to the relevant regulator in your jurisdiction if you are unsatisfied with a reply received from us. If you ask us, we will endeavor to provide you with information about relevant complaint avenues which may be applicable to your circumstances.
- Where your complaint indicates an improvement could be made in our handling of privacy issues we will take steps to make such an update at the next reasonable opportunity. In the event that a privacy issue has resulted in a negative impact on you or another person we will take steps to address that with you or that other person.
California Privacy Rights
California consumers have a right to knowledge, access, and deletion of their personal information under the California Consumer Privacy Act. California consumers also have a right to opt out of the sale of their personal information by a business and a right not to be discriminated against for exercising one of their California privacy rights.
California consumers with a AidQuest account can exercise their rights directly or through an authorized agent by signing in to their AidQuest account at https://www.AidQuest.com. If you are a California consumer without a AidQuest account and you or your authorized agent would like to exercise your privacy rights, requests may be made to info@AidQuest.com. If you do not have a AidQuest account, AidQuest will ask you for information which we consider necessary to verify your identity for security and to prevent fraud. This information may include name, contact information, and information related to your transaction or relationship with AidQuest, but the specific information requested may differ depending on the circumstances of your request for your security and to protect privacy rights. If we delete your personal information, we will both render certain personal information about you permanently unrecoverable and also deidentify certain personal information.
Do Not Track
AidQuest does not track its customers over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. Third parties that have content embedded on AidQuest’s website(s) such as a social feature or a stock ticker may set cookies on a user’s browser and/or obtain information about the fact that a web browser visited a specific AidQuest website from a certain IP address. Third parties cannot collect any other personally identifiable information from AidQuest’s website(s) unless you provide it to them directly.
Notice for Minors
AidQuest does not communicate with minors. Proof of age may be required when initiating a conversation in chat application with a representative.